12.28.2010

What does vintage mean to you?

Reader's comments on Retrochick mentions that:
 "The vintage style is very vague due to the cyclical nature of fashion and most modern clothes these days are based on bygone styles or other. So it's important to specify when clothes are vintage-inspired but the most important thing is that vintage is a spirit. It means quality, originality, life."
 So yes, I do agree with them.
  • I wear vintage because I can find better quality second hand and vintage clothes than I would ever be able to afford new.
  • I wear vintage because I like the visual aesthetic of the 30s, 40s and 50s, but I don’t care whether the dress I am wearing is a vintage repro made last week, a “40s style” dress made in the 80s or a vintage original.
  • I care about quality and fit. I love the feeling that someone else loved this dress before, and I get to wonder how it got to the place I found it. But then sometimes, just sometimes, I only care that it looks nice.
    Whatever the reason is, just be yourself in the garment and if you wear it with confidence, I'm sure you'll look good wearing anything on!


No comments: